Licensed Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist for 10 years.
- Has lived in Lake County for the last 2 years and in Central Florida prior to that.
- Spent the last seven years with The Four Seasons at Disney, upholding the high standard of luxury they offer!
- Offerings include Swedish, Deep-Tissue and Hot Stone massage as well as aroma therapy and CBD therapy options.Sonya Romo, Licensed Massage Therapist
Therapeutic massage incorporates a variety of advanced modalities that enhance the body’s natural restorative functioning. Light to firm touch is used to release tension, relax muscles, increase blood and lymph circulation, and impart a sense of calm.
Therapeutic massage can be used as a collaborative, supportive addition to conventional medical treatment of illness and injury, alleviating pain and stress, aiding soft tissue healing, and revitalizing the body.
Also, regular massage can enhance health, providing relaxation, release of muscle tightness, relief from anxiety and tensions, and balancing aspects of body/mind/spirit.
Therapeutic Massage Techniques:
- Swedish Massage: Flowing, kneading, and passive joint movement techniques. Promotes release of tensions and general relaxation. Stimulates nerve endings in the skin and connective tissue, increasing blood and lymph circulation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Work done deep within the muscles and connective tissue. Slow strokes and deep finger pressure work to release contracted areas of muscles and surrounding tissue.
- Hot Stone Massage Therapy: This type of massage uses a variety of large and small smooth heated stones to melt away tension and stress, resulting in deep relaxation.
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression: promotes relaxation response, enhances coping mechanisms in patients undergoing treatment for cancer, reduces symptoms of anxiety, depression and stress disorders
- Pain control: fibromyalgia, arthritis, sciatica, headaches, childbirth
- Chronic lung disease: increases respiratory function and decreases anxiety
- Digestive: adjunctive therapy to treatment of chronic constipation
- Injuries: overuse and repetitive strain injuries, workplace and athletic trauma, whiplash